Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Painting as meditation

There's something about painting colors on canvas and seeing what you can come up with that sooths my soul. Painting a fishy mural the other day with my daughter in law for the baby was at times soothing and silent and at times hilarious and joyful. We painted the grandbaby's feet purple and let her walk across the bottom of the canvas. I gave her a paintbrush and let her paint me, the canvas and herself. I stamped her little footprints on my painting pants. The sun never came out that day, but I enjoyed the muffled silence the misty fog coming down on my head surrounded me with. The giggle of my grandbaby as we tickled her tiny feet with the paintbrush. The satisfaction of creating.

Try painting your feet and walking across a canvas or piece of paper, the paint squishing between your toes. You will feel a childlike wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment