Sunday, August 15, 2010

Napping with my grandbaby



Fussy, fussy girl. No one could get her to take a nap. So I swooped her up and brought her into my room. We found a wonderful show on Nick Jr., Oobi. Puppets that are hands with eyes on them. So cute. She just cuddled in as I talked about the show and what she was seeing, no expectations. She kept looking at her hands and trying to figure out how she could make her hands talk. It was adorable. I rubbed her forhead and then she drifted off to sleep and we napped for about an hour. How delightful. Patience, calmness and a soothing voice. Sometimes you just need to kick back, take some time out to breathe and enjoy the wonder of something to relax, like trying to make your hands talk.

We can learn so much by just observing how babies live their lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment