Saturday, September 22, 2012

Accepting Yourself

I haven't been very accepting of myself lately. Whenever I get into that circle of thinking, it's never good for my body. The last couple of years have been a whirlwind of change for me. My husband and I relocated, I got a new job, my yoga practice has dwindled. I was in tip-top shape when we relocated two years ago, but everything I had worked for the previous two years, healthwise, is gone. I've gained weight, I haven't had a regular exercise program. I'm depressed. I have to pull out of this.I haven't been very accepting of all the change I put into motion.

49th birthday under the Golden Gate
We moved to be closer to my parents and spend some quality time as they move into retirement. We've had a good time reconnecting with friends in the area, enjoying the sun and life in Southern California. Having lived in Northern California for 15 years had really put a damper on my tan! So much so, that I actually had a vitamin D deficiency when we moved down here. Now that I get out in the sun on a regular basis, my vitamin D levels are normal again. So the changes were good, but I didn't continue with the good things I had brought with me; a regular yoga and exercise practice.

I must accept the fact that I'm getting older and the changes that come along with that. This doesn't mean things have to get worse, I just need to do things differently, accept what I can do and move on. So the next step is to do what I can do. Here I go, discovering what I can do! Whoo-hoo!!!!!

My inspiration for today's blog is: http://www.dailyom.com/articles/2012/34829.html

No comments:

Post a Comment