Sunday, April 15, 2012

Options

Yesterday I got so excited about starting my new wheat-free diet that I went ahead and made my breakfast. About halfway through consuming my wonderful new concoction I remembered it was almost time to go to my yoga class. If you've ever gone to yoga class on a full stomach, you'll know why I skipped my class. You can check this link out here, if you don't know: Yoga Class Dos and Dont's.

So instead of yoga, I opted to take a walk to downtown. I had some errands to run and the sun had finally broken through. It was a bit chilly when I left, but by the time I got downtown, it was simply a magnificent day for a walk. There are always options for getting some exercise in your day. You also have to listen to your body. If your body is telling you not to do something, listen.  Our bodies are incredible, listen to what yours has to tell you. It may say to sit and do nothing or you may feel an urge to get out and run. Whatever it is, listen. You should never feel guilty if you're too tired to go to your class or if you pick the option of a walk around the neighborhood. It's all good!

Here's the recipe that kept me out of my yoga class yesterday!

Salsa Ham and Egg Scramble

1/4 cup egg substitute or one fresh egg
2 oz 97% Fat Free Honey Ham diced
Salsa (any flavor)
1/2 oz Queso Fresco Cheese-crumbled
1/4 Avocado cubed
1T Fat Free Sour Cream
Lime

Spray your skillet with Butter Flavored oil. Heat the ham in the skillet until it starts to brown. Add the salsa and push ham and salsa to one side of pan. Cook your egg. I use an egg substitute and scrambled it. You then mix it all together with the ham and salsa. Add cheese, avocado on top. Squeeze lime juice over the avocado. Top with sour cream.

To check out the diet I'm trying this week check out: What a Girl Eats Any diet that says I can eat avocados and drink wine is good by me!

I'll post a photo of this dish tomorrow, as I devoured it before I thought about writing this blog this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment