Friday, February 05, 2010

Mitagating Anger

I received my new book today, "A Year of Living Your Yoga" by Judith Hansen Lasater, PHD, P.T. My yoga teacher, Linda Grace Foster is student of Lasater and often uses quotes from her.

I opened the box and took out the book. There was a ribbon bookmark in it, so I opened it to the page it was on. This book is set up to read each day by date. The book was marked to today's date! My yoga teacher had read us the quote the night before. It was about anger and letting your anger melt into being present. We chanted this mantra:

Shante Prashante
Sarva Krodha
Upasha mani Swaha

(SHAN-TEH PRA-SHAN-TEH SHAR-VAH KROH-DHA OO-PASH-AS MAH-NEE SWAH-HA)

This mantra helps to mitigate anger and instill peace of mind. Thomas Ashley-Farrand translates it as: "Invoking supreme peace I offer (surrender) the quality of anger to it's source in the higher and formless universal mind. Salutations."

Lasater says, "you cannot be angry unless you believe you are right...allow being right to melt into being present."

No comments:

Post a Comment